By default, the Chrome web browser is configured with security features, which render it incapable of opening the Doc/Index.html file. In order to open the Doc/Index.html file in Chrome, configuration changes must be made.
- In Windows, go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run.The path to the Run dialog box may be different depending on the version of Windows used.The Run dialog box opens.
- In the Run dialog box, click Browse.The Browse dialog box opens.
- In the Browse dialog box, navigate to the Google directory, select the Chrome application and then click Open.The Run dialog box updates to include the path to Chrome.
- In the Run dialog box, add the following to the end of the path to Chrome (after the quotation mark):--allow-file-access-from-files— or —--disable-web-security
- Click OK.Chrome starts and is now able to open the Doc/Index.html file. Changes are not saved when you close Chrome.